Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I don't go out with a bang, that's how I'm coming in

The year 2011 is officially over. My Sophomore year of college has begun. Although there's already been some slight drama, I'm determined to not let it dictate the rest of my time here.
I am in the University Choir this year. It's not an audition choir, but I'm just doing it for fun and to learn more techniques. I've never had voice lessons, so I'm excited for this opportunity.
Last year I was so wrapped up in what everyone thought of me and getting  over Jeff, that I couldn't focus on the things that were really important. I will not make the same mistakes.
I am going to find ways to motivate myself into doing homework.
I am going to focus on becoming the person I have always wanted to become.
I am going to continue strengthening my relationships with my dear friends, but also create new and lasting friendships.
I am not going to search for a boy. Although having a boyfriend is always nice, I don't care if I have one. I'm not searching to get married like so many of the girls out here. I am at school for an education, not a husband.
I am going to take everything I can out of the college experience and never take it for granted.
This year will be one to remember. That I'll make sure of.

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you. Never forget that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some great goals and things to remember. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete