Thursday, December 9, 2010

You promised forever.

You promised to love me forever. You said that nothing would tear us apart. You promised to be my best friend and to never make me cry. You promised you'd never hurt me and that your love would never die. You promised you would be the one person who would never hurt me.
I didn't know that forever had an ending and that promises were conditional. When you promised forever, I promised it right back. Last night you broke my heart. I cried all night because of you. It was all I could do not to cry at work. You took back your promise and you took all of me with it. I want my heart back and I want to forget. I don't want to remember you anymore and the promises you couldn't keep.

1 comment:

  1. Damn........wish I could say something helpful, but right now I feel like somebody drop-kicked me. Don't know what happened not sure if I want to find out, but don't worry you have friends and family who can help pick you up. Everybody loves ya take care and keep your chin up. :)

    ReplyDelete