Sunday, July 15, 2012

Still Not Married!!! :)

      I did it! I got to the end of my Sophomore year at BYU-Ido and am still a happily single college student! Ha! I have officially lasted longer than half the campus I swear. lol Well, I guess there are five days left of the semester, but I'm gonna go ahead and say it's a safe bet that I won't be engaged in the next five days. 
     This semester has been weird. It started out exactly like I wanted it to and ended in a way I didn't see coming. I don't want to put specifics on here just in case certain people read, but just know that I didn't expect the semester to be ending the way it has. Here's the thing about the way it's ending, I am so glad that it has gone the way it has and not the way I wanted it to. 
     This semester I only had one roommate, which was super strange. We knew each other from last semester, her name is Jallyn. I guess the management called her on the last day of Winter Semester and told her they opened up a two-person apartment and asked her if we wanted it. She said yes and then came to the apartment I had been living in and told me. So it's just been the two of us all semester. That definitely has it's ups and downs and I don't think I'd do it again. I miss having lots of roommates. 
     About a month into the semester I went on two dates with a guy from church and after the second date he thought we were boyfriend/girlfriend and came over everyday, see how fast things move here? Obviously I had to break that one off. He was really nice about it though and we are friendly when we see each other around. 
     My best friend in the whole wide world and her mom came to visit me! Eryn drove out here from WA to spend a few days with me and that was fabulous to see her. It's crazy how we are still so close after 12 years of friendship, more than half of which we have been states away from each other. 
The week after she came my Mom and Dad came to visit me for the weekend. I took them around campus and to the Cocoa Bean and they took my roommate and I out for Big Jud's and to the movies to see Hunger Games. 
     Now it's the last week of the semester and I am so ready to get out of here. I've been trying to make myself sad about leaving, but it's not working. I keep telling myself to remember that this is the last time I will see almost everyone I've met up here because I'm not coming back for 2 years, but that just makes me excited. I am ready to leave and happy that when I come back I will be able to start over.
     This has been a really long post, sorry! I'll add some pictures at the bottom for comic relief! My semester in photographs! 



Top Left: Me and Eryn at the Cocoa Bean. 
Top Right: My Mom and Dad after walking around campus
Middle: Bill Cosby! I saw him perform!
Bottom Left: I attempted to work out everyday...that didn't last long. 
Bottom Right: My birthday! It was the first day of the semester. 

No comments:

Post a Comment