Thursday, June 23, 2011

Because it's Life...

Talking with a good friend of mine today about the frustrations of life I asked, "Why is life so difficult?" Her simple yet profound response, "Cause it's life."
Life is not suppose to be simple. It didn't come with a personalized book of guidance for each one of us. But wouldn't life have been so much easier if it had? Of course we have the Bible and as a member of the LDS church I have the Book of Mormon, and both of these books of scriptures give me an insight on how to live my life. They give me moral guidelines, but they don't tell me what to major in.
For me, at this moment, life is more confusing than ever. As I told another friend of mine, "College is the most important time in your life, you have to choose a major and a husband." It was meant as a joke, but it's so true. At least for BYU students marriage is a huge choice you make, usually during your college career.
This is not what I'm confused about however. Yes, men are confusing. Aren't they always? I have yet to meet one that hasn't thrown my mind through the wringer. Maybe I over think things...most likely. Maybe I over analyze things...most likely. If I didn't, I wouldn't be me.
As I'm ending my second semester and freshman year at BYU-Idaho I'm starting to worry because I have switched my major three times and I'm still not sure what I want to do. I have been considering Public Administration, but the school I'm at right now doesn't offer that program. Do I really want to not only switch my major and my school? I would most likely transfer to BYU South (More commonly known as BYU Provo). Not only would I be transferring schools and switching majors, I would be living in a whole new environment. Sorry to all those who feel a close connection with Utah, but I don't want to live there, not even for school.
So here I sit with so many dilemmas not knowing which is right. This is why I need a handbook for my life. Something specific that tells me exactly what I need to do...in every aspect of my life.
On a simpler note, today is a gorgeous day in Rexburg, Idaho. Couldn't have asked for a prettier day.
Photography and Editing is accredited to Cassi Dodge.

1 comment:

  1. I love you! I'm glad I have a friend like you to help me figure my life out and who will support me no matter what I choose to do. I miss you!

    ReplyDelete