Thursday, June 30, 2011

A Friendly Encounter

I had another encounter with Jeff yesterday. This time he didn't run away. He turned and talked to me. It was just a simple conversation filled with pleasantries; "Hi, how are you? Where do you live? Where are you headed?" Nothing to exciting. I introduced him as my friend. What an understatement, but at the same time, an overstatement. We aren't friends anymore, we are hardly even acquaintances. He was my best friend, the person I ran too, now he's someone I knew a long time ago. Next month would have been our four year anniversary. How crazy weird is that? I don't miss him, but I do miss having that best friend.
We texted today. We've set up a meeting for Tuesday at 3. I'm going to give him some of his things that I have here at school and he's going to tell me his story on why he cheated on me. I'm not so sure how I feel about that. Seeing him and having a two minute conversation about nothing is one thing...hearing the reason I wasn't enough for him, that's another. I know I'm over him, the past three days have proven that, but am I ready to hear about his new girlfriend? To hear the guy I thought I would spend the rest of my life with tell me why he cheated. I don't think I'm strong enough to hear that. Strong enough to talk to him, but not about that. That's painful.
Luckily I have some amazing friends and they will be here for me when I need them. So expect a new blog on Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. Correction. We will now be meeting on Thursday at 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, you are stronger than you think. I can't even imagine how you're feeling. But I'm here for you! I'm calling you tomorrow. I love you <3

    ReplyDelete