Thursday, June 16, 2011

Water and Vinegar.

Father's Day is coming up! Since I am a poor college kid, and am even more poor now than I was for Mother's Day, I want to dedicate this blog to my daddy. Here's my favorite memory of the two of us.
If I was to pick a favorite memory of my daddy I would have to say it would be the vinegar water. We were living in Perry, Ohio at the time. Dad had been outside working on the garden, mowing the lawn, the typical Saturday activities for him. I'm not sure if I was told to get him a drink or if I just offered but for some reason I was getting him a glass of water. I decided that it would be really funny if I put vinegar in it. So I added some vinegar and took it out to him. As soon as he took the glass I started to get away, because I knew that once that water touched his lips I was dead meat. He ended up chasing me all over the yard. He never caught me, but he got close enough to throw the rest of the vinegar water on me! I reeked! As did my clothes and I had a church dance to go to soon after this event occurred.
I'm not really sure why this is my favorite memory, but it makes me laugh every time I think about it. My dad has taught me the value of hard work, but also how important it is to love your family and make time for them. I love you daddy!
Now I want to hear from you guys! What's your favorite memory of your dad?

No comments:

Post a Comment